Saturday, June 2, 2012

StepOut

This morning was Lexington's annual "Walk to Fight Diabetes," which piqued my interest a little. I thought that having to do a nice 2.5 mile walk was a great bargain for stopping my diabetes.


I saw this sign and felt empowered knowing that I was going to be able to finally stop this horrific disease once and for all. I was only one brisk walk away. The starting gun sounded and thousands of us began the battle, one step at a time.


The walk circled around the renowned Keeneland Racetrack located between Versailles and Lexington. Some horses were out practicing which were fun to watch.


The route was also lined with motivational quotes and statistics. I was feeling really hopeful that all of us proactive walking soldiers, armed with rubber soles below and confident souls within, were really going to defeat diabetes. 

That was until......


Diabetes, you monster. How wrong I was to think I could defeat you. Our walking was no match for you today but sooner or later we will find your kryptonite and you will crumble. Myself and others around the nation will continue fighting you with brisk walks, mediocre bike rides, and donating canned goods until you perish.

1 comment:

  1. Yuck. I hope you don't get close to me. I don't want to catch diabetes from you. I heard it turns you into a zombie.

    ReplyDelete