Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Red, White & Kentucky Blue

Happy Independence Day!

Jen, Mila and I started off the day with a nice 3K fun run. Thanks to our athleticism and top of the line running shoes we managed to finish strong in places 195, 196 and 197 out of 200 people. . . kind of pathetic for 3 people who's average age is 18 although Mila is a significant contributor to that statistic.

Afterwards my dad, my mom and I handed out otter pops at the Granite Community Parade and Carnival. Here I am sporting my red and white shorts along with my Kentucky blue shirt.


Mila wore her own patriotic ensemble that had Old Glory and the phrase, "Daddy's American Beauty."


In the afternoon we all went up to our family cabin in Weber Canyon. This cabin was originally built and owned by my great grandpa (and I happen to be his namesake) J. Spencer Cornwall. Some might know him from his years he spent conducting the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

There we celebrated our nephew, Garrett's, 4th birthday. His parents did a really cool scavenger hunt for him.


He is fascinated (and borderline obsessed) with super heroes and so all his presents revolved around that. Jen and I gave him the Hulk pajamas, and his uncle Kyle gave him these Hulk gloves:


After cake and presents Colby, Kyle and I headed off to the nearby reservoir Smith and Morehouse.


Any family resemblance? Up there we hiked to a rope swing that my uncle, Mike Farrington, had built not too long ago.


Here is a picture of my youngest brother, Colby, swinging out. He decided not to drop off into the reservoir this time although earlier today he did a couple of times.


It looked like a ton of fun and I just had to try it out. Although, I was nervous because of how high the fall is and that I'd land in freezing cold water. Turns out it was super fun.


To finish the night off the entire Ebert family went to the Oakley rodeo. It's interesting that in Kentucky they try to ride horses as fast as possible and in Utah they make them jump as high as possible and try to hold on as long as possible. I'm not sure which I'd rather do.


YEEEEEHAAAAAW!!


Today was full of fun activities and exciting adventures. I am sorry that I failed to get a decent family picture with Jen and Mila, although those two girls played hard today.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats on the 197th place finish in the 3K run, that's better than I thought. It's been 380 degrees here in Kentucky and we can't wait for it to cool down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you provide details on where the rope swing is at the lake, it looks super fun! You can email it cclarkharris@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete